Thursday, May 19, 2005

Where have all the good men gone?

This morning on my way to work I noticed a trishaw splash its way through a puddle of water only to soil the clothes of a couple of little kids walking clad in white shirts, white sarongs and this cloth that goes around the shoulders. My heart went out to them.

The other day my friend and I had to take a tuk tuk out somewhere. He was so reckless I thought my minutes were numbered. We kept praying and telling him that we were in no hurry to die.

Where have all the private organizations and the so called “social responsibility” gone to? Doesn’t someone need to educate these people? Can’t we expect a little bit of professionalism from them? Or are we going to be classed as underdeveloped countries for ever? Well the root of the situation is that where in the world do we first get our lessons from? Why the hell do men toot the horn so much when they see lady drivers when most of us ladies are better drivers than men. Insecurity is it? Yes, we stop at the crossings and we do not switch lanes and we WAIT for the vehicle in front to turn and if the men of this nation have no patience then we are in deep graves. It’s totally pathetic – the buses and the trishaws and the rest. Will someone please stand up for us?

1 comment:

Mahisha said...

Most of them are selfish ppl, who don't abide by the law. We should complain to a police office if we see one. I for one will: but most of the time, they are not around! I am just glad when i get right of way for i know there are many courtious drivers-those who don't...well...