Saturday, November 20, 2004

Hi People

Since of late, I’ve been up to quite a few things. Oh the graduation ball, the marking, the preparing, the convocation, the team meetings, the friends’ occasions, the family occasions, the occasional singing, writing, photography and the like. I am very slightly impressed by movies that don't move me. Photography runs in the blood. I like positioning things in different ways and taking pictures of them. I have a huge collection. There are minor details that you would never notice unless and until you see them in a pic. Often too marvellous to be ignored. Like for instance I took for granted most of the flowers that grow wild in our garden in my dad’s home-town in Kandy until I got some pictures and framed them up. It is a pity that little magical things all around us often go unnoticed. And oh the pets at home – so adorable to watch and photograph. Specially when they are playing or asleep or at a meal – that covers almost everything, doesn’t it? Wild animals are glorious too, but unfortunately I can not get close enough. Did I mention that I love lions and elephant and cats too? Pictures do speak a thousand words. They can bring back to life a forgotten moment or a lost friend. You can relive your whole life through an old album. (Have you tried looking at b&w pictures with grandparents?) Most people remember pictures a lot better than words. They are a lot of use when it comes to sign boards, advertisements and desktop icons. If only we paused to think…

No comments: