Monday, April 18, 2005

She

Many sweet words about a mother

Many great men have put down on paper

This would be yet another unsuccessful attempt

In putting down something so spiritual

So divine… as motherhood

Just in simple words and nothing more

Forgive me my dear mama

If words demean this grand stature

That God has blessed you with

Yet this little booklet

spares me nothing more

Than a few simple words

To tell you what I care for

Today and everyday

For the rest of my life

You were the only soul

That loved me long before

Even I knew who I was

How much of your sweet slumber did I take away?

How much fear and pain did I cause?

How much love did you give me in return?

How much do I owe?

When I was bad

The world turned against me

But to you I was the same

However good or bad

With my faults and my weaknesses

You never jeopardised your love for me

Not one single moment

You punished me for my wrong

And you rewarded me for my good

You made me grow out of my tears

And face the real world

You cried with my sorrows

And smiled with my joys

Now you leave me nothing more to ask for

All my life

This great debt I’ll have

This bond we share

Beginning from before birth

And going on until beyond death

Our bond will be

Like the umbilical strand that

Once attached you and me

Only…

This shall never

Never break ever

No comments: