Tuesday, December 14, 2004

The End!

As I watch sitting at the doorway of the world
The setting of the sun
Only to wake another land
My cheeks upon my knees
And my head upon my heart

There on the shore
I scrape into my pale hand
The golden brown grains of sand
To which life was blown into
The grains which cloth my spirit and soul
The only matter that will accept my lifeless body

The salt of the sea
The warmth of the soil
The cooling sky
The only comfort

And as I sit here
I cannot help but wonder
How to put an end…
To the tragedy and trauma
Of the truth of this drama

Tomorrow will be another busy day
When I will come home just like everyone else will
Having nothing but four walls that can’t speak
And when night falls to bring the darkness so still…
It all comes back gushing
Burning the soul and melting the heart
All the joy and fun; All the lies and pain
Being cheated and stabbed
And treated like I’m nothing

Reward for the love that I so generously shed
All along it was her and not me
That’s not what really matters
What matters is he never told me
All the time he spoke of the ends of the worlds
And the mysteries of molecules and genes
And he never said a word
And I cared for him too much to see it coming

Crying out to the voices that needed help
Singing to children that needed a friend
Giving to the poor
And smiling for the deaf

And he left
With all the gifts I gave him lying there
on the floor… for days
I wonder how is heart let him hurt mine
How I could not see the falsehood in his eyes
Leaving everything behind, to him I turned
And now he’s gone, no where to be seen
Leaving me with this pain and taking my joy

Promises so pleasing
Gifts worth a fortune
Words of praise
And songs of bliss

In this rotten woeful world,
I am here without having been given a choice

Now I sit helpless with a heart-full of memories
I know there’s nothing left that I could do
To bring him back

I wait for the day that I die
Never wanting to continue this miserable circle of life
He let me down
And he broke his word
But still for some reason I cannot hurt him back
God, take care of him
And I hope he will be happier now, than
When he was with me.

I’m holding my head high and trying to walk again
And as I limp my way back to the old world
Having left with no choice
I turn back once to look at the black sky

And in that darkness, I still see the stars smiling back at me…

Is there any hope left?
In this miserable world…
And in my search of myself
I find, there’s nothing worth crying about
It’s me… and only me
The reason he left!

No comments: