Friday, March 18, 2005

The First Two Classes...

I don’t have to really sit in an MBA class of 2 whole hours to find out that “Finance is the language of business”. What artistic literary phrases that have absolutely no sense! And I scribble some notes down because I get the feeling that the professor expects me to. Then he asks us some rather silly things and a few talk of some experiences at their work places, trying their best to fit in some dry jokes. So I fake a laugh. (The experiences were a little interesting). I scribble more notes in different colours and managed to draw a few very cute things and then to my horror this really big guy (man rather) wants my notes. I happened to have some poems scribbled in it so I hesitate a little but explaining why I can’t lend the book would have been a worse challenge… so I just gave it to him saying “I hope you can understand my scribbling”. I’m sure he won’t. Then in the soft skills lesson we are asked to make this silly origami thing out of some note paper. I managed to make something that has no name. (MBA also helped me learn that I have forgotten most of my hand-work). Then we had to write three goals and three obstacles in order of difficulty that prevented us from achieving these goals. Something that I ask my students do, too. It went on ok… you know those times you wished the clock hands moved real fast. In any case I come home with this pain, right in the middle of my brain and I want to just sleep but then dinner is forced into me and I fall into the midst of… And I’m wondering is this really the right attitude to start with?

2 comments:

Bashi said...

he he...hope it'll become better...good luck...

Tasha said...

yeah it is now, in fact. If it doesn't, i will make it to be!